Joanne Black’s Speaking Topics
Competition is fierce. Everyone looks the same. What worked a year ago doesn’t work now. Are you putting your clients to sleep? How can you differentiate yourself from everyone else who pitches their products, services, their company, and their firm?
- Discover the truth about sales and why no one cares about you.
- Learn why (if you sell software) the best demo is no demo.
- Recognize that clients don’t buy your solution. They buy because of the impact of your solution on their business.
- Uncover the one question you should never ask and what questions you should always ask.
- Learn how to research your sales prospect and prepare for your meeting in less than 15 minutes.
- Recognize the value of a referral introduction to shift the conversation, boost your reputation, and seal the deal. Your pitch gets ditched.
- Decide when to walk away (really).
Double Your Referral Network in 90 Days
Learn practical networking tips to boost your sales visibility, strengthen your relationships with current clients, attract new ones, and meet top-notch referral sources.
- You are who you know. Realize the value of maintaining a strong sales circle, and network before you need it. You’re always “in-between” jobs.
- Showing up is 90% of the game. People can’t hire you if they don’t know who you are. Learn 20 practical networking tips to immediately boost your visibility.
- Be the person everyone wants to talk to. Don’t be the “wallflower” or the “life of the party.” Find out why.
- Learn the five distinct attributes of a great networker.
- Follow-up, or flop. Discover why (and how) to follow up so you don’t hang yourself on a dangling lead. Make the connection, give a firm handshake and then reconnect like a pro.
- Recruit everyone you meet. Turn your contacts into amazing clients, and enlist everyone in your referral-sales team.
Get the Trash Out of Your Sales Funnel: Lead Generation That Works
Attracting the “wrong” kind of clients to your business is like dumping trash in your sales funnel. They drain your time, energy, and resources. Measure the effectiveness of your funnel by the quantity of your ideal sales prospects.
- Energize your sales funnel. Light a fire under your sales prospecting and get only the “right” prospects in your funnel.
- Identify your client soul mate(s). Surprisingly, “everyone” is not your best sales prospect. Learn the six elements to clearly define your top sales prospects—attract them—and get rid of the rest.
- Fire your “loser” clients. You know who they are: They waste your sales time, don’t respond professionally, and never refer you. Walk away, and discover your next great sales opportunity.
- The shape of your sales funnel matters. Contrary to popular opinion, the more you target a specific niche and establish your expertise, the greater your sales results.
- “Qualified” leads from lists are a lie. Buying lists of “qualified” leads is a waste of money and valuable prospecting time. Instead, tap into the networks of the people who know you best—your Ideal Clients—and receive referral introductions to qualified prospects.
Selling is more complex than ever. Our conversations dig deeper, our solutions are more intricate, and often we partner with other organizations to win business. This is sophisticated selling.
Top sales professionals sell differently. Join the top 10 percent and recognize unparalleled revenue and profits. Selling to large companies is different, but not outside your reach.
Learn and adopt the skills of the top 10%:
- Get the meeting with your sales prospect in the “C” Suite—the person who says “Yes.” Get in now while your competition still wrestles with figuring out how.
- Discover what “value” really means—it’s not what you think. Get your prospects to “Wow!” and they won’t look back. Seal the deal and the relationship.
- Learn the truth about Fortune 500 clients—the sale takes longer, there are multiple decision-makers, and you have more exposure. Get it right the first time.
- Know what to say (and how to say it).
- Uncovering your client’s pain is easy—they tell you when you ask the right questions. Uncovering your client’s passion is tough, but critical.
9 “Killer Steps” to Boost Your Sales
Shine the light on nine vital business-development steps, and watch your sales soar!
- Accelerate your “win” ratio and outsmart the competition.
- Be the expert. Clients want to work with a pro who knows what she’s doing and delivers results.You’re that expert.
- Sell more with higher margins. Make the ROI case and seal the deal every time.
- Prioritize what works—and ditch what doesn’t. Don’t be afraid to call it quits with time wasters. Discover why “closet to cash” matters every day.
- Work economics in your favor, in any economy. Referrals position you to succeed! You’re pre-sold, shorten your sales cycle, and crush the competition.
Put the “Social” Back in Social Media
Social media isn’t the “next big thing” in sales, you are! Get real, get in touch, and get ahead by understanding how social media expands your referral relationships.
- Social media is an easy street paved with land mines. Social media provides a great opportunity to build trust, rapport, and mutual referrals. Make the connection. Then take your sales conversation offline and talk to people.
- Relationships still matter. Social media is an information-gathering sales tool, not a forum for generating “qualified” leads. Debunk the Sales 2.0 myth. Top salespeople know that technology facilitates connections; it doesn’t replace in-person interaction. Top salespeople uncover needs and deliver solutions.
- Avoid the flimsy web of auto-generated leads. Unless a connection comes from a referral, it’s not a qualified lead. Make no mistake: you’re cold calling, and you’re now caught in the tangled web of diminishing returns.
- Social media has its place. Discover why social media is a powerful tool for three sales reasons, and three reasons only.
Smart Tactics to Generate Red-Hot Prospects: Harness the Power of Referrals
Tap into Joanne’s proven, No More Cold Calling® Referral-Selling System: Boost your sales, and fire up your business! Leverage the power of your referral network and hit your sales numbers without hitting the phones.
- Convert more than 50% of your prime sales prospects to paying clients. Leverage your referral network and double your sales footprint without adding to your sales budget.
- Meet Mr. Big Stuff. Referrals guarantee a direct connection to the decision maker so you don’t chase sales leads that go nowhere.
- Make every client a walking advertisement for your company. Everyone is a part of your sales team—and existing clients are your best source of new business!
- To know you is to love you. When you receive a personal introduction, you shorten your sales cycle, win big clients, and lock out the competition.
- Make the “the gatekeeper” vanish. Go directly to the person who matters with a referral introduction. No more stopping at the front gate.
Book Joanne Black
Secure Joanne Black as the keynote speaker at your next sales conference or association meeting. Contact Joanne 415-461-8763 | email@example.com.