What does it take to succeed in sales?
Today is International Women’s Day, and what better time to celebrate all the smart, savvy women in sales? In honor of the occasion, HubSpot is launching its #WomenInSalesDay project, a compilation of inspiring stories about top saleswomen, as well as tips and advice for women coming up the ranks in sales.
HubSpot asked for my take, which is this: Women have natural strengths and talents that make us great at sales, often better than men. The best way for women to succeed in our profession—and any other—is to believe they have what it takes and then prove it.
In my HubSpot interview, I share my best advice for women in sales, which includes:
- You don’t need to be an extrovert and the life of the party to succeed in sales. Introverts are exceptional at selling. We listen, give relevant advice, and don’t jump to conclusions.
- Find a mentor. You need to ask. No one is a mind-reader.
- Speak up. Your opinion is worth just as much as anyone else’s.
- Step out of your comfort zone. That’s the only way you’ll succeed.
- Ask for advice from people you respect, including men and women in sales. They’ll respect you for asking!
Along the way, make time for yourself and the people you care about. Don’t let the corporate world gobble up all your energy and dull your creativity. To succeed in sales, you’ll need plenty of both.
Watch my HubSpot interview for more. Plus, check out HubSpot’s compilation of tips from numerous women and men in sales, and watch this powerful video where sales experts discuss the women they most admire.
Happy International Women’s Day!