Gerhard Gschwandtner, publisher of Selling Power, asked me some tough questions. It’s year-end prediction time, so Gerhard asked my thoughts on the sales landscape in 2011. I made three specific sales recommendations:
- Commit to referral selling and get an introduction to your best sales prospects.
- Adopt a collaborative sales attitude—do the right thing for your client. Top salespeople have always discussed solutions—not pushed product. That’s old news. Take time and ask insightful questions, get the full story, and be willing to walk away if you can’t help. Look for other resources to refer to your prospect.
- Tap into your inner entrepreneur and identify new opportunities to partner. Think creatively. With whom can you create a sales relationship where you both benefit?
Top Sales: Predictions, Resources, Insight
Kick off your 2011 sales year with business-development strategies that work. (Start with a referral-sales strategy, of course!) Check out:
- Gerhard’s blog post, “Top Sales Gurus Predict Emerging Trends for 2011“
- Top Sales World: The Global Sales Community
Let me know your best ideas for 2011 in the comments, below.