Sales leaders complain that reps don’t get enough qualified leads, their pipelines are fluff, and it takes them way too long to reach their prospects. Leadership can’t count on accurate forecasts when pipelines are unqualified. Big problem!
How do you fill your sales pipeline with nothing but hot, qualified leads? Marketing is not the answer. Neither is technology or social media. A referral program is the answer.
Think Referrals Don’t Scale? (Think Again)
Referral selling is, hands down, the most effective and efficient prospecting strategy. It addresses the two biggest challenges sales organizations face:
- Getting every meeting at the level that counts
- Converting prospects into customers
It takes most reps seven to 10 touches to reach their prospects, according to recent research. Why? Because those reps are cold calling. If they had referral introductions, they’d get on their prospects’ calendars with just one phone call.
Imagine the impact on your team’s sales, revenue, and profits if they could:
- Get meetings with qualified prospects with one call
- Convert prospects to clients more than 70 percent of the time
- Penetrate prime accounts with personal introductions
- Consistently increase deal size by more than 10 percent
- Ace out the competition and seal the deal
You’d more than double your salesforce without adding to your payroll. And that’s how a referral program scales.
Think You Have a Referral Selling Business?
No More Cold Calling isn’t just a catchy slogan, and a referral program isn’t just one more initiative to introduce to your organization. Referral selling is a complete shift.
All sales leaders and their reps know referrals yield the best business. Yet, less than 5 percent of organizations have a disciplined, measurable, and systematic referral program.
Referral selling is simple, but it’s not easy. Here’s what it takes:
- A short, specific written referral sales plan
- Written weekly referral-selling goals for your company and for each salesperson
- Referral-selling expertise for your entire organization
- Metrics to track and measure referral activities and referral results
- Company and individual accountability for referral results
If you’re part of the 95 percent who rate referrals as their best sales leads but don’t have a referral sales plan, you’re leaving money on the table every day and allowing your competition to outmaneuver you.
It’s time to make referral selling your business-development priority—to establish metrics, integrate referrals into your sales process, and build the skills to confidently ask for introductions to your ideal clients.
Starting Your Referral Program Is Simple
Are you curious, interested, skeptical, or committed to referrals?
Whatever your frame of mind, start by taking my Referral I.Q. Quiz. These 14 “Yes/No” questions are your checklist for referral selling. The quiz takes less than four minutes to complete, and sales leaders find the results both enlightening and actionable.
Then contact me to learn how No More Cold Calling can help your company turn every salesperson into a referral superstar who gets meetings with decision-makers and delivers consistent results.
No More Cold Calling
336 Bon Air Center #399
Greenbrae, CA 94904