What do buyers really want?
Business book testimonials are all the same. They tell you how a book is a must-read, packed with powerful strategies. They use the same keywords: reliable, an essential resource, practical, revolutionary, actionable, blah, blah, blah, etc. etc. I often wonder if the testimonial writer actually read the book.
I’m not going to tell you any of that about Buyer First: Grow Your Business with Collaborative Selling, a new book by Carole Mahoney. What I am going to tell you is, in my 40+ years of selling and managing sales teams, I’ve never read anything like this.
Not only did I read it from cover to cover, but I have stickies all over the book. I’ve learned a ton, and I am impressed with her validated research as well as her ability to masterfully weave in her personal sales struggles and discomfort.
Buyer First is the result of years of research, real-world experiences, and a passion for helping entrepreneurs overcome the challenges of winning new customers. Carole argues that it’s time to leave behind outdated selling methods and embrace a more effective, collaborative approach that not only drives results but also fosters lasting relationships with clients.
Simply put, Carole wants you to put your buyer first, and I want you to put this book first on your reading list. Here’s what you’ll get from it:
- Some hard truths: Did you know that 80 percent of entrepreneurs struggle with winning new customers? That’s why half of small businesses fail within five years? Carole Mahoney identifies the root of this problem: Business owners have the wrong perception about sales. (I’ve been saying the same thing for years!)
- A Collaborative Selling Framework: Carole’s formula is based on 2.2 million professional sellers’ data and solid research about the psychology of decision-making and behavior change.
- Your Personal Sales Coach: With her approachable and honest writing style, Carole Mahoney becomes your personal sales coach, guiding you to align your sales strategy with your values and strengths.
- Real-Life Stories: True stories about Carole’s colleagues and students, as well as her own experiences, illustrate the power of her sales approach.
- Worksheets and Templates: The book includes exercises that help you start putting your buyer first.
Buyer First is not just a book; it’s a game-changer for your sales career! Grab your copy now and embrace the power of collaborative selling. I can’t wait for you to embark on this transformative journey with Carole.